How To Minimize Open Pores?
Self-care/ Home-based treatments:
- Daily, wash the face with an appropriate cleanser (i.e. gentle and non-comedogenic) and lukewarm water to remove oil, dirt, and other skin impurities that may clog the skin pores. The makeup must not be kept for long hours on the skin and be removed properly before going to bed. In addition, use moisturizers daily to avoid acne. Contrary to common belief, even those with oily skin need to moisturize their skin regularly. It is because if the skin is not moisturized, it will automatically produce more sebum to keep the skin healthy.
- Drinking plenty of water is a must practice to avoid dehydrated skin which can result in enlarged pores.
- Avoid acne breakouts by cutting on foods rich in fats and carbohydrates. If it occurs, do not squeeze it rather opt for medical treatment for open pores from a qualified dermatologist to get rid of it.
- Try some natural ways of reducing pore sizes such as fuller’s earth, aloe vera gel, and egg-white mask.
- Exfoliate the skin once in 3-4 days to rid of excess dirt and dead skin cells from clogged pores by removal of the top skin layer. This can be done either with physical exfoliators (scrubbers) or chemical exfoliators (alpha and beta hydroxy acids).
- Use clay masks weekly to help draw out excess oils from the skin, resulting in tighter pores and firm skin.
- Apply collagen-producing products such as Retinol which works by increasing cell turnover to unclog the pores, Vitamin C (an antioxidant) that boosts collagen production, and Glycolic acid which has dual function i.e. skin exfoliation and collagen regeneration.
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen to avoid sun damage that causes enlarged pores. One can get the best sunscreen for open pores at Skinlogics.
- Avoid the use of oil-based makeups instead use water-based or non-comedogenic cosmetic products.
- Take prescribed antibiotics to clear acne breakouts before addressing enlarged pores.
- Sometimes prescribed oral medications such as oral retinoid, antiandrogen, and oral contraceptives may be taken to address hormonal changes which cause open pores.
In-office Procedures Offered At Skinlogics, Best Open Pores Treatment Clinic In Noida:
- Microneedling- It is a great way to reduce the pore size. The pores removal treatment involves the use of tiny needles of a microneedling pen to create controlled micro-wounds into the skin. This technique encourages a natural healing response i.e. production of collagen and elastin fibers in the skin. In addition, the micro-channels created in the skin also allow effective and better absorption of topical gels, serums, and creams into the skin which enhances the deeper skin layers.
- Chemical peels- These are acidic solutions that can help shrink the enlarged pores by removing the outer, damaged skin layers. The type of peel that is chosen to reduce pore size varies based on the strength of the peel being used, the skin type of the client, and how deep and large the pores appear. Chemical peels have different skin penetration abilities (light, medium, and deep). Examples include salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and TCA cross. Avail the benefits of the best treatment for open pores at Skinlogics.
- Microdermabrasion- This is a minimally-invasive technique involving sweeping of a dermaroller device to promote microcirculation and oxygen production. It helps in skin exfoliation and effectively boosts collagen and elastin production.
- Laser resurfacing- Certain laser treatments can help minimize the pore size. The lasers work by heating the deeper skin layers to induce collagen remodeling. Ablative lasers can cause thermal damage to the superficial skin, thereby removing the top affected skin layer. While non-ablative lasers such as Q-switched Nd: YAG and fractionated erbium YAG laser cause no harm to the surrounding skin. They are advanced treatments for open pores.
- Pore-cease injections- These are injectable dermal fillers like hyaluronic acid that are directly injected into the enlarged pores to fight against oily skin and reduce the pore size instantly.
- Growth factor treatment- This is a popular pore minimizer treatment that uses a patient's own blood to extract growth factors and proteins to shrink the enlarged open pores. These elements, when reintroduced into the skin, offer revitalization, stimulate the generation of new tissue, boost collagen production in the skin and help shrink the enlarged open pores.
To know more about open pores treatment in Noida, schedule an appointment with a skin specialist at Skinlogics.