Winter Skin Care
Winter always brings dry skin that lacks lustre and glow. You must make necessary changes in your skincare routine to fight the harsh weather. The cold weather can make your skin dry and dull. Here are quick tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing all through winter.
- Winter is a time to switch to creamy cleansers. Choose an oil-based foaming cleanser or try cleansing oil.
- Your skin loses moisture very easily in winter. Use a good moisturizer immediately after a warm shower to seal the moisture in. Apply a hydrating mask once or twice a week to save your parched skin.
- the winter sun is actually more harmful for your skin. In summer you feel hot and take cover, limiting your UV exposure. But in winter you love to sit out all day in the sun. Not only can this aggravate pigmentation, but also prematurely age your skin. Did you know that there is no difference in the amount of UV rays that are present in summer and winter, so wear your sunscreen daily.
- Night time is when your skin repairs itself. Invest in a good nourishing night cream according to your skin concern. Whether it is pigment reduction or anti-aging benefit that you are looking for.
- Not to forget, the 8 glasses of water rule applies in winter too! Lack of water intake immediately reflects on your skin. It can make your skin look dull and dehydrated.
- Winters tend to make you hungry. Reach out for dried fruit and nuts when you feel like snacking. Do not forget to include the green leafy vegetables, fruits and millets which will keep your body warm and healthy through winter.
- Exercise is the key to a radiant skin. Sweating removes toxins from your body. The more you work out and sweat, the more you can see your skin gain a natural glow.
- Get good sleep and you will avoid dark circles and a hoard of other stress related skin disorders. Minimum 6 to 8 hrs sleep keeps your skin healthy and hydrated.