Why do men have their hair falling out?
The common causes of hair fall in men are:
- Family history- The most common type of hair loss in men is pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia due to heredity. It can start early during adolescence but usually, it begins later in life. Often, the first visible sign of hereditary hair loss in men is a receding hairline or bald spot at the top of the head.
- Age- When one gets older, hair follicles may stop growing new hair, the hair starts thinning, and the hair starts losing its natural colour. As hair growth slows down, some extent of hair loss is noticeable.
- Hormonal imbalance- It has been found that excess androgens like dihydro-testo-sterone can attack the hair follicles and eventually lead to hair loss.
- Poor diet- If for a prolonged period, men have a poor diet, then hair won’t get the required nutrients to stay healthy and not fall out. Especially nutrients like vitamins A, E, C, and B7 (Biot-in), Minerals like Zinc, and Fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6 are necessary for hair health.
- Severe or chronic stress- Taking a lot of stress can result in temporary hair shedding or hair loss. Telogen effluvium is a stress-triggered hair loss in which hair abruptly sheds in masses because of disruption in the natural hair growth cycle.
- Side effects of certain medications- Some medications can lead to temporary hair loss. These include blood thinners, beta-blockers, retin-oids, thyroid drugs, drugs for high blood pressure, and chemotherapy for cancer treatment.
- Autoimmune condition- Alopecia areata in males is a type of hair loss caused when the immune system of cells attacks the hair follicles by taking it as foreign. This is a patchy hair loss that can happen anywhere on the body, including the scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows, inside nose, and inside of the ears.
- Underlying medical conditions- Sometimes, hair loss can be caused by health issues such as lupus, thyroid disease, fungal scalp conditions, autoimmune diseases, scalp psoriasis, and severe depression.
- Use of improper hair care products- Hair products that could irritate the scalp skin, weaken hair, or damage hair follicles, can cause excessive hair shedding.
To know the cause of hair fall in males, do visit Skinlogics Clinic. The hair fall doctor in Noida can help determine the root cause causing hair fall and help one to manage the issue or their concern effectively with their innovative approach and treatments.